Blockhead™ modular restrooms are designed to significantly reduce building operating costs. Features include vandal/damage-resistant steel-reinforced concrete and block walls and heavy-duty stainless steel fixtures.
High-quality plumbing valves and other building equipment are located inside a secure plumbing chase to protect from theft and vandalism. This plumbing chase also facilitates repairs and maintenance as equipment is centrally located. The ventilation design eliminates the need for mechanical ventilation and the related maintenance and vandalism potential.
Modular Restroom Photos & Floorplans
Click the photos to enlarge.
Integrated foundation slab of 7” steel reinforced concrete!
The sealed concrete slab is sloped towards floor drains and fixtures are wall mounted, facilitating wash down of the interior. Several attractive exteriors available to blend in with the various architecture of existing school facilities.
To further reduce construction time, 98% of the modular restroom building is completed before arrival at the school location. Site work is, therefore, minimal and the installation time is only days, compared to the weeks it takes to build a restroom on-site.
Moreover, the integrated steel reinforced concrete slab allows for placement directly on soil, minimizing site preparation. The building is secure upon arrival, protecting it from theft and vandalism.
The Blockhead™ modular restroom complements Modtech’s comprehensive offering of education buildings ranging from single classroom additions to permanent campuses with multi-story school buildings. Modtech’s modular factory construction processes provide its customers with buildings up to 60% faster than those built using conventional on-site construction and with significantly less disruption to the customer’s site. The buildings are of comparable or superior quality to those constructed by conventional methods.
The Blockhead series is DSA pre-approved for faster approval time and can be purchased using a school building construction Cooperative Purchase Agreement (Piggyback).
Minimizes maintenance cost
- Faster & more thorough wash down
- Sloped floors with convenient floor drains
- Non-absorbency chemical used to seal concrete & reduce odors
- No complex floor structure to deteriorate
- Seamless deck eliminates moisture penetration
- Slab allows for building to be 99% complete upon arrival on site reducing completion time to hours vs. weeks
- Decreased site work minimizes site disruption
- Building can be placed directly on ground with minimal site preparation
Concrete and steel reinforced block exterior walls
- Split face concrete block looks great and is virtually indestructible
- Various decorative low maintenance concrete exterior finishes available
- Exterior surface sealed to reduce maintenance and vandalism damage
- Choice of interior paint or epoxy finishes to seal and protect block
Stainless steel wall mounted fixtures
- Heavy gauge stainless steel sink and Blowout Jet toilet are extremely durable
- Toilet flush valve provides superior flushing pressure but consumes only 1.6 gal
- No exposed fasteners on plumbing fixtures for superior corrosion and theft resistance
- Fixtures designed for easy cleaning and wall mount design facilitates wash down
- Valuable plumbing apparatus contained within secure utility chase to prevent damage
The Blockhead™ Modular Restrooms
Meets DSA, ADA and Title 24 code compliance
DSA PC #: 04-108754-0