About Off-Site Construction
Off-Site Construction has many advantages over tradidional construction. It provides both speed and superior building quality. Individual modular building components can be built in state-of-the-art facilities at the same time as site preparation, saving you time and money. Once on site, architectural details can be added, making the modular project indistinguishable from conventional construction.
Modular Project in Progress Video
Off-Site Construction offers significant time savings. Building construction and site preparation occur at the same time.
- Traditional - Site work must be completed before construction begins
- Modtech - Site work and building construction occur at the same time saving as much as 60% of total construction time.
Traditional Site Built Construction - Sqeuential Process
Off-Site Construction - Concurrent Process
30-60% Time Savings
Off-Site modular construction saves customers money compared to traditional construction methods due to more efficient manufacturing and material sourcing process.
- Traditional - All materials are locally sourced, with single-project pricing and delivery
- Modtech - Materials are centrally sourced with national contracts and leveraged purchasing power
Off-Site modular construction offers increased building quality due to the controlled construction environment.
- Traditional - Project is exposed to weather and other elements
- Modtech – Off-Site Construction facilities are enclosed and secure protecting against weather damage and delays as well as theft during construction
Off-Site modular construction practices provide stronger structures than site built construction to better withstand hurricanes, earthquakes and other natural disasters.
- Traditional - Less building materials used, code requirements are less strict
- Modtech – Buildings are designed to withstand highway transportation and crane installation. All Modtech buildings meet or exceed building codes and provide improved seismic durability
Off-Site modular construction takes place in a controlled, organized state-of-the-art production facility.
- Traditional - Very difficult to implement standard work, resulting in loss of time and money
- Modtech - "Lean" practices made for manufacturing increase productivity, saving the customer time and money